Australian Beachfront Tourism Opportunity - EOI
The West Beach Trust is responsible for the administration and development of 135 hectares of land in Adelaide, Australia known as the West Beach Recreation Reserve. The precinct hosts a range of sporting and recreation facilities including a beach foreshore, a Holiday Park, a Resort, a Golf Park, a Skate and BMX Park, Sporting Reserves and a Boat Haven.
The EOI site has a significant footprint over the Reserve covering approximately 7,157 m2. The precinct is uniquely positioned on the West Beach coastline and situated between two commercial accommodation properties (Holiday Park and Resort), adjacent leisure and adventure operators Mega Adventure and West Beach Mini Golf and bordered by South Australian Research Development Institute (SARDI).
The site has been vacant since June 2011 and comprises land and an existing building.
The Trust, as the freehold owner of the site, is eager to explore expressions of interest submissions from investors to develop, and ultimately occupy the site to provide complementary services to West Beach Parks as a leading integrated sport and leisure facility in Australia for the enjoyment of current and future generations.
The development will provide a broader family entertainment experience that complements other Trust facilities, to ensure that West Beach Parks continues as a premier leisure destination.
The Department for Trade and Investment has identified the following key attributes of the site which facilitates tourism investment;
* Located in Metropolitan Adelaide: 12 km from Adelaide CBD and 5 Km from Adelaide International Airport
* 7,000sqm + of beach front site located in Adelaide largest tourism precinct (including Big 4 Park, resort, 2 golf courses, beach front walks/bike paths and numerous sporting fields)
* The precinct achieves over 110,000 annual bed nights within the park and resort alone (2018 annual report)
* The site is adjacent marina and boating facilities that access St Vincent Gulf
* Short 30 minutes beach front walk from Adelaide’s most popular beach, Glenelg. Glenelg hosts one million plus annual visitors and has 35 accommodations providers with over 3,000 beds nights annually
* Adjacent the Mega Adventure climbing business
* Site is not available for accommodation /residential development. The Trust are interested in hearing from operators/investors who can add value to this tourism/recreational precinct.
The Trust is eager to explore preliminary concept designs and commercial proposals to develop the site to provide complementary services to West Beach Parks as a leading integrated sport and leisure destination in Australia for the enjoyment of current and future generations, and is seeking expressions of interest submissions from investors to develop, and ultimately occupy the site.
To encourage Respondents to be innovative in their Submissions, the following examples of development opportunities are provided:
* Sport and/or recreational facilities which may include adventure-style activities, entertainment / leisure concepts / indoor sports facilities
* Operations / activities that could attract new sporting / leisure events to the precinct which drive commercial accommodation revenue for the Trust
* Operations / activities that provide a benefit to the local community.
Investment sought: Not applicable
- The EOI can be downloaded from www.tenders.sa.gov.au (Reference WBT047538).
- South Australian Tourism Investment Inquiries: Thomas Herraman Business Development Manager Department for Trade and Investment P: 042 861 6423 or +61 42 861 6423 E: email@example.com
- Specific EOI Inquiries: Gregory Parrington West Beach Parks T: (08) 8355 7300 or +61 8 8355 7300 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expected start date
August 18, 2020
Expected end date
September 29, 2020
Funding round finish date