Renascor Resources' Siviour Project - Purified Spherical Graphite/Battery Anode Material Production Plant
Mineral resource or reserve:
Total Mineral Resources 87.4Mt @ 7.5% TGC 6.6Mt Contained Graphite; Total Ore Reserve Estimate 51.5Mt @7.4% TGC 3.8Mt Contained Graphite.
Current or planned level of processing: 28,000tpa of battery anode material (purified spherical graphite) .
Stage 1 - crushing, grinding, flotation circuit to create approximately 94 to 96% carbon Graphite Concentrate product.
Stage 2 - two-step process of milling then purification through a low temperature caustic roast process.
b) Renascor aims to create in Australia, the first vertically integrated, in-country Purified Spherical Graphite operation outside of China with the battery anode material operation.
J/V partners; Offtake; Further processing.
A low-cost and low-sovereign risk project with down-streaming and value-add potential.
Investment sought: Not applicable
Project status update
Project status: Development.
Government approval status: Mineral Licence granted.
Project Development Indicative timeline:
1) Q1 2022 - final investment decision;
2) Q2 2022 - commencement of construction;
3) Q3 2023 - commencement of production.
Current expected mine life: 40+ years.
A detailed proposal for mining operations under preparation for submission to South Australian state government for assessment.
Renascor had developed a purification process that avoids the use of Hydrofluoric (“HF”) acid, offering a cleaner HF-free alternative to prevailing process used currently.
Renascor’s eco-friendly graphite purification technology achieved outstanding results of 99.98% purity in recent testing at leading German independent battery mineral consultancy group Dorfner Anzaplan.
- Renascor’s Siviour Graphite Deposit is the world’s second largest Proven Reserve of Graphite and the largest Graphite Reserve outside of Africa.
- The favourable geology and location of the Siviour Graphite Deposit will allow Renascor to produce Graphite Concentrate at a cost that is amongst the lowest in the world.
- Renascor has developed a proven eco-friendly, HF-free purification process endorsed by leading global anode companies.
- Renascor Resources
Expected start date
Expected end date
Funding round finish date