Havilah Resources' Mutooroo Project - Copper, Cobalt & Gold
Mineral resource or reserve:
JORC Mineral Resources*: Total sulphide resource of 12.5 million tonnes @1.53% copper, 0.16% cobalt and 0.20 g/t gold for 192,000 tonnes of copper, 20,000 tonnes of cobalt and 80,600 ounces of gold.
Current or planned level of processing:
a) Operation underpinned by copper production. It is one of the highest-grade sulphide cobalt deposits with associated copper in Australia. Cobalt is contained within the iron sulphide minerals, pyrite and pyrrhotite, which can be separated and recovered during the copper sulphide concentration process.
b) The cobalt-bearing iron sulphides are potentially an attractive grade cobalt feedstock for subsequent processing to recover cobalt, and also if feasible, significant amounts of associated gold and sulphur.
c) Excellent resource expansion potential both along strike, down dip at depth and at many untested copper and cobalt prospects in the surrounding region.
1) Havilah is open to financial investment participation by a third party. Arrangements are flexible with respect to sale, direct investment and/or JV participation in the projects and regional exploration.
2) Offtake agreements for the copper concentrates and cobalt (in pyrite concentrate) -
a) Standard grinding and flotation processing on site will produce high quality copper concentrates with very low uranium and arsenic levels.
b) Up to 40% of cobalt is contained within cobaltian pyrite. This cobaltian pyrite can be concentrated from the copper concentrate tail during the flotation process.
3) Investment is also welcomed in the mineral processing, particularly for recovery of cobalt and sulphur from iron sulphide concentrates.
Investment sought: A$5M - A$25M
- Revenues underpinned by initial copper production from a high grade open pit, with substantial additional cobalt revenue targeted. One of the highest grade sulphide-associated cobalt deposits in Australia.
- Favourable logistics, located 16 km south of transcontinental railway and the Barrier Highway and 60 km southwest of the major regional mining centre of Broken Hill with its skilled workforce, permitting a drive-in and drive-out workforce.
- Exceptional exploration potential for discovery of additional copper, cobalt and gold resources in extensions to the deposit and in the surrounding tenements in the Mutooroo Copper-Cobalt District of northeastern South Australia.
- Havilah Resources Limited
Expected start date
Expected end date
Funding round finish date