View All
View All

Licensing and registration, regulations and taxes

Licensing and registration

  • Registration requirements for your business

    Find the registrations, licences and permits you need to start or run your business.

  • Work and business licences

    Check out the different types of business licences available in South Australia.

  • Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS)

    Find information about licences you may need for your business.

  • Exploration licensing

    An exploration licence (EL) is the principal title issued for exploration in the state of South Australia


  • Understanding Australian business regulations

    Information on laws relating to intellectual property, business practices, environment, importing and exporting, and financial reporting in Australia.

  • Australian business and environment laws

    Legislation exists to protect and outline the rights of businesses and business owners.

  • Australian consumer laws

    Understand Australian consumer law and what it means to ensure consumer guarantees, consumer product safety, fair contract terms and fair sales practices.

  • Australian privacy laws

    For companies with an annual turnover of more than $3 million handle personal information.

  • Mining regulations in South Australia

    Mining Act compliance and enforcement in South Australia


  • Australian Tax Office

    Taxes in Australia are administered and collected by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), and in some cases, State Government revenue offices.

  • Australian taxes

    Information on taxes applied by the Australian Government.

  • Foreign ownership surcharge

    A foreign person or trust may be required to pay a surcharge.

  • South Australian taxes

    Information on taxes applied by the South Australian Government.

  • International tax for business

    Find out your tax obligations.

  • Research and development incentives

    The Australian Government provides incentives for companies engaging in research and development in Australia.

  • Wine equalisation tax

    If you make wine, import wine into Australia or sell it by wholesale, you'll generally have to account for wine equalisation tax (WET).

Back to investor tool