A $200 million Future Jobs Fund was established in the 2017-18 State Budget, which aims to encourage investment, help build new industries and continue to support the State’s growth sectors which already competing successfully globally.
The Fund offers a series of grants and low interest loans to help businesses expand and create jobs in growing sectors, including:
- Shipbuilding and defence
- Renewable energy and mining
- Tourism, food and wine
- Health and biomedical research
- IT and advanced manufacturing.
As part of the $200 million fund, $50 million of grants and $70 million of low interest loans is available to provide support to businesses and grow local jobs.
Under the scheme:
- A minimum of $100,000 and up to a maximum of $5 million grants are available per proposal. Applications close Friday 29th September.
- A minimum of $100,000 and up to a maximum of $10 million loans are available per proposal. Applications close Friday 29th September.
- Grants of up to $50,000 are also available to assist applicants develop a business case in support of applications for the above grants and or loans. Applications close Friday 14th July 2017.
Applications are now sought from businesses and other non-government organisations.
Existing businesses located in, or looking to expand into South Australia, can take advantage of the specialised support services and advice provided by Investment Attraction South Australia. Our team is available to assist with the development of applications and help you understand which programs will best suit your individual business.
For further details of the Fund, including eligibility, essential criteria and the application process, visit the Future Jobs Fund website.
How to apply
The Department of Treasury and Finance (DTF) is administering the program and will provide advice to the Minister for State Development.
All applications to the Future Jobs Fund are to be submitted via www.treasury.sa.gov.au.
DTF staff are available to discuss funding applications with proponents via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +61 8 8463 5550.