As a nation, Australia provides a safe, easy, low-risk environment in which to invest and do business.
With one of the most transparent and well-regulated business environments in the world, Australia’s political stability and regulatory framework provides investors with confidence and security.
Our multicultural background means the Australian labour force is one of the most educated and multilingual in the world – a huge benefit in an increasingly global business environment.
The Australian economy is:
- the world’s 12th largest
- 25 years of uninterrupted annual growth
- rated AAA by all three global rating agencies
- forecast to realise average annual real GDP growth of 2.9 per cent between 2016 and 2020.
- increasingly tied to fast-growing economies in Asia
- supported by high productivity levels, with 15 out of 20 industries rating above the global average
- an important contributor to five sectors expected to drive future global growth: agribusiness, education, tourism, mining and wealth management
- home to the largest pool of funds under management in the Asian region.
Existing and new trade agreements are set to drive the flow of goods, services and investments between Australia and its major trading partners in Asia, Europe and North America.